Friday, January 02, 2009

The True meaning of Christmas!


On X-mas Eve, our church held a candlelight service which Mom, Dad, the girls, and I had the opportunity to be an active part in. We were chosen to light the 4th advent candle together, which the girls did extremely well!
But towards the end of the service Sissy was getting a little wrestless so I gave her my camera.
Below is a picture that she took that I thought was very powerful and represents the true meaning of Christmas.
It shows the manger scene which is where Jesus was born, The star of David which led the wisemen to Jesus, but the 3rd thing that this picture shows is the cross on the wall. The reason that that is so powerful next to the manger is because that was Jesus' ultimate destination 32 yrs. after he was born. He was born on this earth to die on the cross.
And Alyssa captured that message perfectly!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

McNeelys' said...

What great pictures! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for the beautiful card. I loved it!

Love,
Kiki