Sunday, August 24, 2008

Project Day!

Today was a very busy and productive day thanks to our AWESOME family and friends! This morning (Sat.) I left about 9:30 am to take the girls shopping for a picnic table. Then we went to Lowe's to buy another gal. of paint (I should really buy stock there), and lastly I met momma H. at the church to handoff Hailey who was going to a pool party w/ Nana. In those 3 hrs. that I was gone this is what happened in my house:
Chris and Sonya showed up in their very professional painting attire!

David G, my cousin, came w/ tools in hand for his plumbing duties


And my brother Seth showed up w/ all of his professional painting equipment, including a 19" paint roller. He edged and painted the entire living rm. and hallway by himself in about 1 1/2 hrs.



Sorry for this angle of Seth but I wanted to show his incredible attention to detail. After taking off all of the tape he took a paintbruch and touched up everthing he thought needed touching up.



By the time I returned from my errands The entire living room, my room, and 3/4 of the kitchen were completely painted. David G. ran a new pipe to my refridgerator's ice machine and started installing my dishwasher, and mom started the first coat on all of my kitchen cupboards. What an AWESOME thing to come home to. And if your wondering where my Dad was in all of this? He was in the kitch at his house preparing a delicious lunch of hamburgers on the grill (w/ tom. from my garden) and potatoe Salad.
After we had lunch and enjoyed each others company it was back to work. Chris and Sonya ended up finishing the kitchen and my office while Seth took that gal. of paint I had just purchased and painted our coat closet walls! Oh and mom and Sissy were outside working on those doors again!

Tonight I sit here in my newly painted and somewhat furnished house and think of how blessed the girls and I are to have such wonderful people in our lives. I cannot say THANK YOU enough to all of you for coming out today and helping!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: