Friday, June 19, 2009

AN AMAZING MAN!---WE'LL MISS YOU GRANDPA!


Last Saturday was a very sad day for me. My Grandpa, mom's Dad, passed away at the age of 89. Though it was sad to see him in the hospital, after having a massive stroke, we were uplifted in knowing just what he has accomplished here on earth and all of the lives that he has touched so deeply.
Just a few of his many accomplishments:
1.) Engineer for B& O railroad for years
2.) Pilot instructor during WWII. He trained pilots that flew over Germany and Japan
3.) AWESOME Husband, Father, and Grandfather
4.) Man of God
One thing that G-pa did not want was a funeral so on Wednesday we held what we called a "Celebration!" We celebrated his life and had such a good time reminiscing with family, friends, and people I had never even met, but because of this man, had that opportunity. He touched so many lives and we will miss him for sure!!
WE LOVE YOU GRANDPA!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Seth and Heather said...

Grandpa was an amazing man! I consider myself very lucky to have had the opportunity to have him in my life!