Thursday, June 18, 2009

MY (DAD'S) GARDEN!

This year, since my mom and dad no longer have a large garden, they have used my garden in my backyard to extend their vegitation. Dad has put so much time and hard work into making it so beautiful!
We currently have: spinach, diff. kinds of lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, peas, green beans, spuash, zuccini, and cucumbers
The girls just love the fact that we can go get any of these things right from the backyard. Hailey loves picking the peas and weeding and once the tomatoes are in I know she'll just love that too. Sissy helps me out with the lettuce and spinach
One of my fondest memories as a kid, though I didn't care for it then, is Dad, me and my brothers all sitting on 5 gal. buckets weeding our huge garden and snapping beans with mom. It was a great time to talk and catch up and I now realize how special that time was for all of us.
Now, THANKS TO MOM AND DAD, I can enjoy those memories with my beautiful daughters!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bill said...

Nice post, dearie! There's something about working the ground, planting and harvesting...and doing it TOGETHER...that is very special... not to mention the good eats! I'm going over there right now to see if the cover over the beans kept the dear out!